January 11, 2009

Among the data gathering techniques used in systems analysis are interviewing, document review, observation, and use of questionnaires. If I were to choose among them, I would be more comfortable on the document review, and observation since these techniques does not really require formal conversation and/or face to face encounter with the persons involved. I am not really that good in oral communication so it would be better if I choose these types of techniques. The use of questionnaires will also be fine with me since I already experienced this on the previous years with the other subject.

But based on my past experiences with gathering data, the techniques I chose earlier was not enough to gather data I needed for the study so, I really needed to challenge myself and have an interview. As much as I really don’t want to have an interview, since I find it the most effective way of gathering data,I was forced to do so. Basing on my personality, I would go for any technique as long as it would give me satisfaction since I am the type of person who can easily adapt to changes so it would just be fine with me to have this technique if this is badly needed. This technique will also be a great help for our project because if there will be some clarifications with our past interviews with the person involved, I can still clarify it personally. I can also impart to the interviewee my opinions on the topic we are discussing. This can also increase my involvement in the said project. I know that interviewing will be a hard task for me since I also have to consider the availability of my interviewee but this can also give me the assurance of having the data I needed. Well, I think the key to this technique is really patience.

I would also choose this technique so that I will get used to talking to other people. This will also serve as a practice or challenge for us to be more competitive in the real world.

No comments: